Mondays, Jan 18 - Feb 15, 8 - 9:30PM EST (5 sessions)
Socrates said, “to know thyself is the beginning of wisdom.” Modern ŌM presents a program, the Fundamentals of Meditation, to give you foundation tools to know yourself.
This 5-session course is for you if:
- You are curious about meditation, and are ready to try it, as guided by an expert
- You've meditated a little, but want a structured format to build on
- You know (maybe experienced) meditation's benefits, and would like to develop a daily practice
- You want a LIVE teacher to answer your questions about meditation
- You seek techniques to go inward to explore all that is within
The only requisite to take part in this course is to desire to learn more about yourself through the ancient practice of meditation and the curiosity about what it feels like to live a fuller, more present life.
ABOUT THE CLASS:
The practice of meditation and mindfulness does not need to be confusing or mysterious. Once you understand what is happening as you practice and how different functions of your brain and body respond when you meditate, you will be able to clearly see the profound changes that can appear in your life – your relationships, career, and more.
Our goal is to offer information and experience; to reveal an ancient tool that many have used to not only attain enlightenment but to simply live a happier life.
Each class will be 1.5 hours long and will consist of lecture, meditation practice, time for sharing, and question and answer segments.
Each week we will meditate together and practice what we have learned! New meditations will be introduced as we progress.
Upon completion of this class each student will know –
- Why We Meditate and how our practice affects our physical bodies
- What Meditation is and how to do it
- The nature of Mindful Living and what it means to be Aware
- How to experience the different qualities of Focus
- Understanding Emotions and Thoughts from a Meditation perspective
- Learn about the Power of Community
- Understand the Different Styles of Meditation and tools to explore them
- How to begin YOUR OWN practice of meditation and what steps to take next
Price: Members, $69 (with the code: MEM30EVENT)/ Non-Members $98
Join Cushion Crawl Infinity here.
No cash refunds. See full event terms and conditions here.
Full Schedule of Topics
Week One – What, Why & How? – The Ins & Outs of Meditation
- Learn the anatomy of meditation.
- What motivates bringing meditation into your life?
- Inside meditation and life – definitions and key points.
Week Two – Mind & The Moment – Your Brain on Meditation
- Learning the nature of mind and how to work with a busy brain.
- How the brain physically changes with regular practice!
- The power of the moment – how we use meditation and practices like Mindfulness to connect and understand our deepest needs.
Week Three – The Mind & The Body – Using what is to find Deep Meaning & Awareness
- How the body aids our concentration and mental faculties in meditation.
- What’s good for the mind is good for the body – benefits of bringing meditative awareness to all physical activity.
- Tuning in to the body – raising the awareness of your physical being.
Week Four – The Emotional Journey – Meditation and Joy, Sadness, Anxiety, and Uncertainty
- Navigating challenging emotions using meditation.
- Connecting with your emotional energy.
- Recognizing trauma in self and others.
Week Five – Forging your Personal Path – Where to go from here?
- Making your practice stick.
- The power of community.
- Your access to Modern ŌM’s wealth of wisdom.
Michael Krass is a teacher, writer, and a longtime meditator with over 20 years of experience in various traditions and practices. He is an instructor at Mindful USC, the University of Southern California’s mindfulness program where he has created courses in Mindful Creativity and Mindful Photography and teaches distinct programs for students, faculty, and staff.
He created a special immersive mindfulness program for Missouri State University’s Wellness Week, teaching students and staff about mindfulness, meditation, and how to use these practices for living a healthy, creative life. He has been invited to speak at Creativity conferences in-person and online and also maintains a private practice where he teaches students one-on-one, working with challenges such as anxiety, depression, creative blocks, as well as deepening the path of meditation training and finding one’s calling.
Michael also creates custom programs for corporate groups and organizations that want to bring mindfulness, meditation, or creativity practices to their work and community.
An East coast transplant from New York and Philadelphia, Michael worked for many years in the film business in Los Angeles as a writer, actor, and producer. Michael transitioned into teaching Meisner technique in Los Angeles and abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark. Finding great joy in teaching and able to use his background in theater and understanding of the human condition, he started to put together the tools and insights of the performer with the wisdom and practices learned in meditation to produce unique classes and workshops that speak directly to the heart.
Michael’s inspiration is to help people connect to themselves and to understand the potential when heart and mind are in sync. In addition to teaching engagements in Los Angeles, he loves to travel and lead workshops and classes that are uniquely designed to help groups and individuals find clarity, peace, and passion.
About the Membership
Imagine a community that harnesses the power of collective intention to lead expansive and peaceful lives.
We are membership club where hundreds of authentic and like-hearted souls meet regularly (online and in real life) to:
- Show up consistently to a group meditation practice
- Learn new techniques and tips daily, to improve our lives
- Be in global community with fellow seekers who share the values of curiosity, openness, compassion, and connection
- Get introduced to incredibly diverse topics through the experiences, stories, and voices of 100+ teachers and experts
- Engage our hearts and minds in journaling, sharing circles, book clubs, and community events
- Dive deep into immersive master classes and trainings
- Cushion Crawl Infinity // Daily Semi-Private Zoom Classes
- Journaling // Intimate online space for writing, reflecting and sharing
- Master Classes // 5-8 Week Small Group In-Depth Mentoring
- Book Club // Community Group Book Study and Discussion
- In-Person Events // For those living in Miami
Additional Membership Benefits:
- Private WhatsApp Group to keep you connected to the community and upcoming calendar of events.
- Free Unlimited Access to the Cushion Crawl catalog to replay sessions you missed or want to revisit
- 30% Discounts to LIVE Master Classes and Workshops
- 15% Product Discount at the Modern ŌM Store
Modern ŌM will inspire you to embody your best self, starting from within. Join the Club here to access our programming and discounts.
About Modern ŌM
Modern ŌM is a global community that meets to explore mindful lessons taught by epic facilitators from around the world.
We offer 45 minute daily sessions on Zoom, deep dives into expansive topics, and in-person events for our Miami tribe.
We also create beautiful intentional products and gifts as daily reminders to show up as the most empowered version of you.
Our company has served over 10,000 ŌMies since April 2016 and have been recognized by Well & Good, Miami Magazine, The Miami Herald, and more as a leader of the mindful lifestyle.