To formally open this Cushion Crawl, we lead a special meditation in front of SAMADHI, an Antuan & Luchi art collaboration with Modern ŌM.
In 2020, we use the power of art to spread our message across Miami & beyond. SAMADHI is an interactive sculpture created as a public symbol that inspires us to look inside ourselves. We chose the name for 2 reasons:
- In Sanskrit, it refers to the final state of meditation, where the mind becomes still
- It is genderless, egoless, formless --> so that no matter who society says we are, or how we look, we will all connect with its message
You and I (and everyone) were born with the ability to touch Samadhi… yet we forget. Which is why Samadhi has one simple message - remember who you are. Peace, and Love, and Freedom are already yours. Nobody gives them to you, or keeps them from me. You can’t earn them through success and I can't buy them with money. They are always inside us, waiting to be unlocked.
Join us in the Design District as we unveil SAMADHI and share a classical meditation by Luchi Estevez.
Event will be followed by short reception, with non-alcoholic beverages.
FREE FOR MEMBERS
Address: Paradize Plaza, Design District: 151 NE 41st street, Miami, FL 33137
Parking: Street parking may be available. There is also the parking garage on the 41st street directly across from the ICA. Plus, there is a valet parking available for $5.
Bring: A cushion and good vibes.
No cash refunds. See full event terms and conditions here.
An eco-centric pioneer in conscious activism and Kundalini Yoga Teacher, Luchi Estevez brings holistic programs and tools to underserved children though the La Luchi Foundation. Descended from a long line of Holistic practitioners, Luchi recognizes the positive effect of sharing the benefits of using sustainable resources, healthy foods, natural remedies, and yoga and meditation in helping the community.
Antuan Rodriguez is an integral environmentalist, transdisciplinary and cosmogonic artist. His work has explored subjects such as human trafficking, environmental concerns, political manipulation, healing, and the future of humanity.
His work has been exhibited in art biennials, art fairs, and museums, including:
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Toronto, Canada;
- Cobra Museum, Amsterdam, the Netherlands;
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Miami, FL;
- Dox Center of Arts in Praga; Palacio de los CriEspacio de arte TEA, Canarias Island, Spain;
- The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, Miami, FL;
- Museum Of Latin American Art, Molaa, CA;
- MDC Museum of Art & Design at The Freedom Tower, Miami, FL;
- Museum of Modern Art, Dominican Republic;
- Matucana 100 Cultural Center, Santiago, Chile;
- Contemporary Art Museum, Tampa, FL;
- IBB Center For Contemporary Arts, Curacao
Imagine groups all over Miami meeting regularly to go inward, together, focused on the same chakra-inspired themes and harnessing the power of collective intention.
- 45-minute meditations at the Bungalow and across Miami
- Exclusive access to events & socials at the Bungalow
- 30% discounts on workshops
- 15% discounts on products
- Rewards & special benefits from our partners like Panther Coffee & Dr Smood
You will be joining a like-minded community and experience amplified health, happiness, & peace in your daily life.
Modern ŌM is edging the world in a more conscious direction. Through our Mindfulness club, we make "going inward" accessible and social.
Our meditations have already served over 6,000 students over 600 sessions since April 2016. We have been recognized by Well & Good, Miami Magazine, and The Miami Herald as leading the Miami Mindfulness movement.