🙏 THANK YOU FOR YOUR REVIEWS!!
KINDNESS NOW Book Club with Amanda Gilbert
⏰ Thursdays // August 5-26// 8:00-9:00 pm (4 sessions)
Aug 5 - Opening & Loving-Kindness
Aug 12 - Compassion
Aug 19 - Appreciative Joy
Aug 26 - Equanimity & Close
💰 FREE FOR MEMBERS WITH THE CODE MEMCLUB & $25 FOR NON-MEMBERS.
What Luminaries Are Saying:
"Offering timely and clear guidance on the heart qualities of mindfulness meditation." - Deepak Chopra MD
“This 28-day training feels like a perfect way to spend a month—in true investigation and celebration of the heart.” - Sharon Salzberg
“Amanda Gilbert brilliantly brings modern context to essential teachings of the Buddha.” - Yung Pueblo
Author Amanda Gilbert will lead this book club on her book Kindness Now to introduce you to the basics of mindfulness meditation and guide you into a deeper practice intended to promote personal growth and connection to your authentic self.
She'll bring the 4 heart practices-- Loving-Kindness, Compassion, Appreciative Joy, and Equanimity--into your life through her 28-day guided meditation program aimed at helping you become a kinder, more compassionate, and radically loving person.
When you participate in this book club (and in reading the book), you'll cultivate an open heart and deepen your kindness and compassion response.
a zoom link will be sent to you with the confirmation email.
Become a Member here.
No cash refunds. See full event terms and conditions here.
AMANDA GILBERT is a professor of mindfulness at the University of Southern California, a meditation teacher, speaker, author. She has been a meditator for over 17 years and now leads meditation for top companies like NBC, Paramount Pictures, The W Hotels, Merrill Lynch, Macy's and YouTube.
Before dedicating herself to teaching full-time, Amanda was Center Director for The Aging Metabolism and Emotions Center at the University of California San Francisco, conducting scientific research and publishing investigations on the biological and psychological effects of mindfulness and meditation.
She is now an emerging expert in the field of teaching meditation, mindfulness, and the contemplative sciences. Her formal meditation training has been with UCLA's Mindful Awareness Research Center, in Primordial Sound Meditation with Deepak Chopra, and the Insight Meditation tradition.
About the Membership
Imagine a community that harnesses the power of collective intention to lead expansive and peaceful lives.
We are membership club where hundreds of authentic and like-hearted souls meet regularly (online and in real life) to:
- Show up consistently to a group meditation practice
- Learn new techniques and tips daily, to improve our lives
- Be in global community with fellow seekers who share the values of curiosity, openness, compassion, and connection
- Get introduced to incredibly diverse topics through the experiences, stories, and voices of 100+ teachers and experts
- Engage our hearts and minds in journaling, sharing circles, book clubs, and community events
- Dive deep into immersive master classes and trainings
- Modern ŌM Online Sessions // Daily Semi-Private Zoom Classes
- Journaling // Intimate online space for writing, reflecting and sharing
- Master Classes // 5-8 Week Small Group In-Depth Mentoring
- Book Club // Community Group Book Study and Discussion
- In-Person Events // For those living in Miami
Additional Membership Benefits:
- Private WhatsApp Group to keep you connected to the community and upcoming calendar of events
- Free Unlimited Access to the Cushion Crawl catalog to replay sessions you missed or want to revisit
- 30% Discounts to LIVE Master Classes and Workshops
- 15% Product Discount at the Modern ŌM Store
Modern ŌM will inspire you to embody your best self, starting from within. Join the Club here to access our programming and discounts.
About Modern ŌM
Modern ŌM is a global community that meets to explore mindful lessons taught by epic facilitators from around the world.
We offer 45 minute daily sessions on Zoom, deep dives into expansive topics, and in-person events for our Miami tribe.
We also create beautiful intentional products and gifts as daily reminders to show up as the most empowered version of you.
Our company has served over 10,000 ŌMies since April 2016 and have been recognized by Well & Good, Miami Magazine, The Miami Herald, and more as a leader of the mindful lifestyle.