⏰ Thursday, July 8th // 7:00-10:00 PM (EST)
LIVE IN MIAMI
💰 30% DISCOUNT for MIAMI MEMBERS WITH THE CODE: MEM30EVENT
THE EVENT IS HELD INSIDE
A special 3 hour workshop with meditation teacher and author, Amanda Gilbert, The Kindness Now Workshop is an intimate look at the The Heart Practices of mindfulness meditation - known as the Brahma-Viharas.
If you have ever wondered how to take your meditation practice to the next level or even questioned what is next, these teachings on The Brahma-Viharas - Loving-Kindness, Compassion, Appreciative Joy, and Equanimity - are the next step you have been looking for.
During the workshop, Amanda will offer teachings and meditations on each Brahma-Vihara from her new book, Kindness Now: A 28-Day Guide to Living with Authenticity, Intention, and Compassion and share how these qualities of the heart can guide you to your true authenticity, while living a heart-based life full of intention. Given these teachings are essential to a successful meditation practice and also a way to cultivate kindness and open-heartedness, come ready to deepen your meditation practice and share time with fellow meditators who are also looking to take the next step in their practice.
There will be opportunity for community dialogue, conversation and Q&A.
Copies of Kindness Now will be available for purchase during the event or bring your own copy to have signed by Amanda at the end of the workshop.
For more information visit: www.kindnessnowbook.com
To pre-purchase your copy of Kindness Now click here.
📍 Where: The Modern ŌM Bungalow, the clubhouse for Miami’s largest Mindfulness community. 5020 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33137.
Parking: Parking on NE 2nd Ave or side-streets.
Bring: a journal to write reflections in, a pen or pencil and wear clothes comfortable for meditation.
To become our Miami Member please click here.
No cash refunds. See full event terms and conditions here.
AMANDA GILBERT is a professor of mindfulness at the University of Southern California, a meditation teacher, speaker, author. She has been a meditator for over 17 years and now leads meditation for top companies like NBC, Paramount Pictures, The W Hotels, Merrill Lynch, Macy's and YouTube.
Before dedicating herself to teaching full-time, Amanda was Center Director for The Aging Metabolism and Emotions Center at the University of California San Francisco, conducting scientific research and publishing investigations on the biological and psychological effects of mindfulness and meditation.
She is now an emerging expert in the field of teaching meditation, mindfulness, and the contemplative sciences. Her formal meditation training has been with UCLA's Mindful Awareness Research Center, in Primordial Sound Meditation with Deepak Chopra, and the Insight Meditation tradition.
About the Membership
Imagine a community that harnesses the power of collective intention to lead expansive and peaceful lives.
We are membership club where hundreds of authentic and like-hearted souls meet regularly (online and in real life) to:
- Show up consistently to a group meditation practice
- Learn new techniques and tips daily, to improve our lives
- Be in global community with fellow seekers who share the values of curiosity, openness, compassion, and connection
- Get introduced to incredibly diverse topics through the experiences, stories, and voices of 100+ teachers and experts
- Engage our hearts and minds in journaling, sharing circles, book clubs, and community events
- Dive deep into immersive master classes and trainings
- Cushion Crawl Infinity // Daily Semi-Private Zoom Classes
- Journaling // Intimate online space for writing, reflecting and sharing
- Master Classes // 5-8 Week Small Group In-Depth Mentoring
- Book Club // Community Group Book Study and Discussion
- Laugh Classes // Weekly online sessions
- In-Person Events // For those living in Miami
Additional Membership Benefits:
- Private WhatsApp Group to keep you connected to the community and upcoming calendar of events.
- Free Unlimited Access to the Cushion Crawl catalog to replay sessions you missed or want to revisit
- 30% Discounts to LIVE Master Classes and Workshops
- 15% Product Discount at the Modern ŌM Store
Modern ŌM will inspire you to embody your best self, starting from within. Join the Club here to access our programming and discounts.
About Modern ŌM
Modern ŌM is a global community that meets to explore mindful lessons taught by epic facilitators from around the world.
We offer 45 minute daily sessions on Zoom, deep dives into expansive topics, and in-person events for our Miami tribe.
We also create beautiful intentional products and gifts as daily reminders to show up as the most empowered version of you.
Our company has served over 10,000 ŌMies since April 2016 and have been recognized by Well & Good, Miami Magazine, The Miami Herald, and more as a leader of the mindful lifestyle.